New Life is in need of many new volunteers with varying gifts and interests who are willing to serve to help keep Sunday mornings running smoothly. Below is a list of ministries in need. The number of new volunteers needed is listed beside the ministry name.
If you are interested in serving, please click the button at the bottom of the page to fill out the volunteer survey. At the end of the form is a place to give other information. If there is someone that you would like to be scheduled with when you serve, please indicate that in the box, along with any other information or questions you have.
- *Nursery (5) — people are needed to care for children up to 4 years old during the Sunday School hour (9-10 am), and/or during the worship service (10:30 am-noon).
- *Children’s Church (2 teachers**; 6 helpers) — this is the time during the sermon when children are allowed to leave the sanctuary to receive an age-appropriate lesson. Both teachers and helpers are needed.
- Coffee Ministry (6 first shift; 4 second shift) — make and serve coffee before Sunday School (9 am) and during the time between Sunday School and the worship service (10-10:30 am).
- Usher (3) — deacons sometimes need assistance in passing the offering plate during the worship service.
- Welcome Team (4) — we have a Welcome Center in the foyer, close to the north doors, which is staffed with friendly volunteers seeking to meet and welcome visitors.
- Tech Team (4) — during the worship service, there is a need to monitor the lights that shine on the main platform, to advance the slides that accompany each service, and run the sound board.
- Worship Band (8) — we are always open to considering new musicians interested in playing or singing with the worship band.
*If you are volunteering to serve with children, we will follow up with you about doing a limited criminal background check.
**Children's church teachers must be members and will be interviewed briefly by Pastor Brian.